Auto Leaders (Australia) Pty Ltd and its franchisees (together “Auto Leaders”) are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. Without reservation, Auto Leaders respects the right of privacy with respect to the personal information of each customer with whom we deal. Personal information is defined under the Privacy Act 1988. Auto Leaders, as an Australian Privacy Principle entity under the Act, complies with the Australian Privacy Principles which commenced on 12 March 2014.
The kinds of information we collect and hold
• Personal information relating to the products and services we provide or have provided to you with respect to vehicle servicing and repair.
• Your name, position, organisation, contact details and identification information (including government-issued tax business and company numbers).
• Transactional information such as credit card details and bank details relating to purchases from, payments to and dealings with Auto Leaders.
• Vehicle details and service history including vehicle make, model, age, registration and condition.
How we collect personal information
• Directly from the customer in order to provide quotations, servicing advice and vehicle repair.
• From within the network of Auto Leaders’ franchisees and other service providers.
• From information disclosed by you when completing an online service booking through the Auto Leaders’ website.
How we hold personal information
• We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of personal information to protect it from unauthorised disclosure.
• Personal information is stored in electronic format on our secure data base accessible by duly authorised Auto Leaders’ servants or agents.
The purpose for collection and use of personal information
• Auto Leaders will only use and disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was disclosed or for related purposes which you would reasonably expect without your permission.
• Personal information will not be revealed, sold, distributed, rented, licensed, shared or passed on to any third party by Auto Leaders unless consent has been granted by the customer or Auto Leaders is required to do so by law.
• Auto Leaders only collects and uses your information to provide products and services to you or information about products or services available to you as an Auto Leaders’ customer.
• Auto Leaders is committed to the confidentiality of each customer’s personal information and its use strictly in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
How to access your personal information, correct personal information or make a privacy complaint
• Auto Leaders is accountable for the limited personal information it collects. Should you wish to access, review or correct your personal information we hold, please contact Auto Leaders by email to email@example.com.
• You may also use the enquiry email address to notify us of a privacy complaint that you may have against us if you think we have failed to comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles.